Thank you for your understanding during these constantly changing times! Our office is currently closed and our staff is working remotely to check in with members.
Special Updates for Member Businesses
Dear Businesses & Community Members,
Please see the recently compiled list of updates and announcements that our members have shared or made available to us as of today (4.16.2020). This listing offers information on local and regional business operations as well as available resources with helpful links for your business or organization. If you have an update or announcement that you would like to have added to the next version of this list, please email us at email@example.com.
We look forward to being able to work closely with you again soon.
The Chamber Team
*Please Note: This page will be updated weekly to the best of our ability, offering news and updates regarding our members’ special offerings, temporary business hours and any other announcements to keep operational during these changing times.* Updated 4/30/2020
|B&D Market||Mon-Sat 10am-3pm||Grab and go options|
|Bagels and Cakes||Mon-Fri 6am-8pm
Sat 7 am-8 pm
|Both are available|
|Beef and Brew||All 11 am-8pm||Takeout-available
Delivery-available within Geneva city limits
|Bella’s Sicilian Ristorante||All 5pm-8:30pm||Takeout only||Start accepting orders at 4 pm. Check Facebook for updates|
|Cam’s Pizzeria||Mon-Thurs 11 am-8 pm
|Delivery available||The driver will notify when they arrive|
|Ciccino’s Pizzeria and Restaurant-Geneva location||Regular hours||Takeout and Delivery|
|del Lago Resort & Casino||CLOSED||Check Facebook for ticket event status|
|Eddie O’Briens||Open-Flexing Hours||Takeout only||Check Facebook page updated daily|
|El Morro||Mon-Sat 10am-8pm
|Takeout and Delivery||Curbside available if paid with a credit card|
|Finger Lakes Sausage and Beer||All-4pm-7pm||Takeout and Delivery|
|Geneva Gelato||Regular hours||Takeout available||Pints available for takeout|
|Halsey’s||CLOSED||Check Facebook for updates|
|Kelly’s Irish Pub||CLOSED|
|Kindred Fare||Regular hours||Takeout only|
|McDonalds of Geneva||Regular hours||Drive-thru only||Takeout available via Doordash, Grub hub, Etc…|
|Pedulla’s Wine and Liquor||Mon-Sat 10am-6pm
|Curbside pick-up available|
|Red Jacket Orchards and Fruit Café||Regular hours||Curbside and delivery||https://redjacketorchards.com/pages/covid19|
|Simple Sweets Bakery||Regular hours||Curbside and Delivery options||Order form here or call into the shop (315) 759-3382|
|The Cobblestone Restaurant||CLOSED|
|The Elephant Restaurant||All 2pm-8pm||Takeout and Delivery available|
|Torrey Park Grill||Open every day except Tuesday 4 pm-8 pm||Takeout|
|Uncle Joe’s Pizzeria||Regular Hours||Takeout and Delivery available|
|Water Street Cafe||All- 7am-2pm||Takeout and local Delivery||Open 7 days a week- 7 am-2 pm|
|Wegmans of Geneva||All 7am-10pm|
|Billsboro Winery||Tasting Room is closed- visit their website to order wine online||Check Facebook page for updates
|Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars||Curbside Pick-up M-F 10am-4pm||Check Facebook page for updates
|Three Brothers Wineries and Estates||Curbside Pick-up from 12-4 pm||
Check Facebook page for updates
|Ventosa Vineyards||Curbside Pick-up from 12-4 pm||
Check Facebook page for updates
|Wagner Vineyards Winery||Curbside Pick-up 12-4pm||Check Facebook page for updates
|Zugibe Vineyards||Online ordering
|Check Facebook page for updates
|WeBe Brewing Company||Curbside Pick-Up||Check Facebook page for updates
|Community Bank||Regular hours||Lobbies close- drive-thru only|
|Lyons National Bank||Regular hours||Lobbies close- drive-thru only|
|Five Star Bank||Regular hours||Lobbies close- drive-thru only|
|Finger Lakes Partners Insurance||Regular hours||Please call or email- refrain from stopping in|
|Bank of the Finger Lakes||8:30 AM – 5:00 PM
|Lobbies close- drive-thru only|
|Howard Hanna Real Estate service- Geneva||Virtual Office is open for business!||Call or text Branch Manager, Christie Nasello
|Finger Lakes Federal Credit Union||ATM & Night drop services are available, transactions will e processed throughout the day||Lobbies close- drive-thru only
Certain services are available by appointment only
|Generations Bank||Regular Hours||Lobbies closed- drive-thru only
|Reliant Community Credit Union||Extended Hours at Drive-thru Windows||M-F 8:00 AM-6:00 PM
|The Summit Federal Credit Union||Seneca Falls Location: By Member Appointments only||585-453-7000
Only ATM Open
|Tradition Chevrolet||The service department is open||315-789-6811|
|Trombley Tire & Auto Services Inc||Regular Hours||315-789-7666|
|Finger Lakes Times||All articles pertaining to COVID-19 are free on their webpage: fltimes.com|
|Holiday Inn Express & Suites Geneva||Regular Hours||315-787-0530|
|Mictrotel Inn & Suites Geneva||Regular Hours||315-789-7890|
|Big Oak Golf Course||Open||315-789-9419
Call ahead for tee time
|Silver Creek Golf Course||Open||315-539-8079
Call ahead for tee time
|St. Peter’s Community Arts Academy||5:00 pm Saturday Night Dinners @ Boys & Girls Club||All meals will be in wrapped up to-go containers.||Distributing 250 dinners- Partnering with Geneva Boys & Girls Club & Beef and Brew. 315-759-6060|
|Geneva Center of Concern||Foodbank is open for donations and clients||315-789-1117
Only accepting food donations
|Geneva Historical Society||Closed to the public||Offering stay at home content on their Facebook page|
|Perfectly Unique Gifts and Home||CLOSED||Check Facebook page for updates|
|Weaver View Farms||Call ahead first||Homemade face masks are available for sale.
|Walmart Geneva||7:00 AM-8:30 PM||315-781-3253|
|Details Salon||CLOSED||Check Facebook page for more information|
|Finger Lakes Health||Regular Hours||COVID-19 hotline at (315) 787-5110 from 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday.
|UR Medicine Thompson Health||Regular Hours||COVID-19 support line 1-888-928-0011|
|WellNow Urgent Care||Regular Hours||Virtual Visits 24/7|
Eligibility for Economic Injury Disaster Loans is based on the financial impact of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). The interest rate is 3.75 percent for small businesses. The interest rate for private non-profit organizations is 2.75 percent. SBA offers loans with long-term repayments in order to keep payments affordable, up to a maximum of 30 years, and are available to entities without the financial ability to offset the adverse impact without hardship. The U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) is offering low-interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses in your state that are suffering substantial economic loss as a result of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
Resources for All Businesses
Applicants may apply online, receive additional disaster assistance information and download applications at https://disasterloan.sba.gov/ela. Applicants may also call SBA’s Customer Service Center at (800) 659-2955 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on SBA disaster assistance. Individuals who are deaf or hard of hearing may call (800) 877-8339. For complete details on SBA, visit www.sba.gov.
SBA Customer Service Representatives will be available to answer questions about SBA’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan program and explain the application process at
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s guidance on unemployment insurance provides significant flexibility for states to amend their laws to provide UI benefits in multiple scenarios related to COVID-19. For example, federal law allows states to pay benefits where:
- An employer temporarily ceases operations due to COVID-19, preventing employees from coming to work;
- An individual is quarantined with the expectation of returning to work after the quarantine is over; and
- An individual leaves employment due to a risk of exposure or infection or to care for a family member. In addition, federal law does not require an employee to quit in order to receive benefits due to the impact of COVID-19.
- Extension of benefits:
- Laid-off workers are allowed to receive regular unemployment benefits for as long as 26 weeks in New York.
- After exhausting those benefits, individuals in states with rising unemployment can qualify for an additional 13 weeks of benefits through the Extended Benefits program. New York state has not yet qualified for these Extended Benefits, but will post the information online once it is available.
- Eligible employees: Currently, the self-employed and independent contractors are not eligible for unemployment benefits. However, discussions are currently happening in Congress to temporarily expand benefits to these individuals.
Paid Sick and Family Leave
- Both the federal government and New York state are requiring certain employers to provide paid sick and family leave to their employees.
- The question was raised regarding how the federal tax credit will interact with the state requirements
- Answer: to the extent that the two requirements overlap, the federal tax credit will cover the costs imposed by the state requirements. However, where the state requirements go beyond the federal requirements (whether in time of leave of wage amount covered), the federal tax credit will not cover those expenses.
- Governor Cuomo announced an executive order implanting a policy that all non-essential businesses statewide must close in-office personnel functions effective at 8PM on Sunday, March 22.
- Guidance from New York state regarding “essential businesses” can be found here.
A Message from Paychex
To address the immediate need of employees affected by COVID-19 who are subject to mandatory or precautionary orders of quarantine or isolation, the new law provides the following:
Employers with 10 or fewer employees and a net income less than $1 million will provide their workers:
-Job protection for the duration of the quarantine order
-Guaranteed access to Paid Family Leave and disability benefits (short-term disability) for the period of quarantine including wage replacement for their salaries up to $150,000. Here’s how to apply for Paid Family Leave and disability benefits.
Employers with 11-99 employees and employers with 10 or fewer employees and a net income greater than $1 million will provide their workers:
- At least 5 days of paid sick leave
- Job protection for the duration of the quarantine order
- Guaranteed access to Paid Family Leave and disability benefits (short-term disability) for the period of quarantine including wage replacement for their salaries up to $150,000. Here’s how to apply for Paid Family Leave and disability benefits.
Employers with 100 or more employees, as well as all public employers (regardless of number of employees), will provide their workers:
- At least 14 days of paid sick leave
- Guaranteed job protection for the duration of the quarantine order
The provisions of the quarantine legislation took effect immediately upon the Governor’s signature, ensuring that New York workers are able to take advantage of these benefits now.
- If you are quarantined but are working from home you do not qualify for these benefits.
- You may be eligible for additional leave under NYS Paid Family Leave and disability benefits. Please call the hotline for more info.
- If an employer is closed due to COVID-19 or a quarantine order, employees may immediately apply for Unemployment Insurance.
Questions: Call the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) Hotline: 1-888-364-3065
(315) 314-0171 email@example.com
Personal Health Resources
WellNow Urgent Care is here to support the Geneva community during this difficult time, providing options for safe, accessible and reliable healthcare. They are disinfecting their facilities and using protective gear per the CDC guidelines, rearranging waiting rooms to adhere to social distancing, and performing in-car triage at all locations in order to help minimize exposure to COVID-19. You can also choose to access a WellNow provider through your smart device, no matter where you are or what time it is with WellNow Virtual Medical.
Whatever your non-life-threatening illness or injury is, your health is a priority–on-screen and in-person at WellNow Urgent Care.
Visit your local facility or start your virtual visit now www.wellnow.com.
Information from the CDC is constantly being updated and is one of the best resources to follow.
A report from the CDC concerning mental health during COVID-19
Excellus BlueCross BlueShield:
A Message from Seneca Lake Wine Trail
- SLA Guidance on Restrictions, To-Go & Delivery, and Q&A. This addresses what the Governor’s restrictions mean for wineries, who and what stores have to close, as well as answers to FAQs.
- Ag & Markets- Specific Guidelines related to “essential businesses”. This addresses how the Governor’s mandates on mass gatherings and workforce reductions impact wineries.
- Essential Business List from Empire State Development. This list will tell you what is defined as an essential business. Liquor stores, for example, are essential businesses.
- Guidance related to employment questions from the Department of Labor for farmers and in general.
- Small Business Administration Disaster Assistance
- TTB: Visit the Main TTB website for all current updates.
- Department of Health Guidelines. Lots of general information about the virus, what businesses must close, etc.
- Looking to reach your political representatives? Find them here.
- Department of Labor: Questions about Family Medical Leave Act and Fair Labor standards act
- Department of Labor: Occupational Safety and Health Administration COVID-19 Overview
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration: COVID-19 Control and Prevention
This list resides on the Wine Trail’s Google Drive. Each winery member and their staff team has access to that page, which includes a slew of resources. We launched this long before Covid19 became a thing, so that wineries could access resources (such as meeting calendars, event-based information (like historic attendance, etc.), membership benefits, and so on). Google Drive is a great way to share information with your membership that you don’t necessarily want the public to see. If you want assistance on setting something similar up for your organization, feel free to reach out to me. I’m happy to help!
Important updates related to our upcoming events:
- Spring Wine and Cheese (scheduled for April 17-19, 2020) has been postponed to May 15-17, 2020. Ticket sales are on pause until May 1, 2020, when we hope to be able to make a more informed decision based upon the current state of affairs at that time as well as any government mandate that may be in place.
- Flights and Bites (scheduled for May 2, 2020) will be tentatively postponed to a later date altogether. That is to be determined at the next Special Events Committee meeting on April 3. We’ll share that with you as soon as we have something solid in place.
- No decisions will be issued related to Smokin’ Summer Kickoff until we are closer to the event. Hopefully we’ll be able to make a decision after May 1, 2020.
- We will extend Polar Passports and Wine Weekday Passports through the end of the year – 12/31/2020.
2 N. Franklin Street, Suite 320, Watkins Glen, NY 14891
607-535-8080 | www.senecalakewine.com
Grown Here. Made Here.
Geneva Business Improvement District Update: