Finger Lakes Wine Region
The Finger Lakes Wine Region
Geneva provides the perfect home base for your visit to Finger Lakes Wine country. Situated in the heart of the region, we offer great accommodations and transportation services to visit and experience the popular wine scene of the Finger Lakes.
We highly recommend you visit the following wineries:
- Anthony Road Wine Company
- Belhurst Winery
- Billsboro Winery
- Chateau La Fayette Reneau Winery
- Fox Run Vineyards
- Hazlitt 1852 Vineyards, Inc
- Keuka Lake Vineyards
- Keuka Spring Vineyards
- Knapp Winery & Vineyard Restaurant
- Lakewood Vineyards
- Lamoreaux Landing Wine Cellars
- Three Brothers Winery & Estates
- Prejean Winery
- Ravines Wine Cellars
- Shaw Vineyards
- Sheldrake Point Vineyard & Simply Red Bistro
- Swedish Hill Winery
- Ventosa Vineyards & Cafe
- Wagner Vineyards
- White Spring Farm Estate Winery
The climate, soil and terrain that slope down into our glaciated lakes are perfect conditions for growing many grape varietals and produce world-class wines. In the Finger Lakes, the one varietal that stands out is Riesling. Almost all of our Finger Lakes wineries produce at least two styles of Riesling. Although some people believe that all Riesling is sweet, wine lovers know that Rieslings can range from bone dry to very sweet.
A visit to the Finger Lakes will determine which Riesling suits your pallet. In addition to festivals and events the wineries produce wonderful tasting experiences all year long. The Seneca Lake Wine Trail, the Cayuga Wine Trail and the Keuka Wine Trail run themed events that include multiple stops on their trails.
The following businesses in Geneva offers easy ways to visit the wineries without having to do the driving.
- Finger Lakes Winery Tours offers a six hour trolley ride around the Seneca Lake every Saturday. It includes five winery stops, and a micro-brewery. Pick ups are at the following locations: Geneva Area Chamber of Commerce, Geneva Motel 6, Belhurst Castle, Geneva Ramada and Geneva Hampton Inn. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets on line. Other tours available as well.
- Grapevine Country Tours offers custom tours of the Finger Lakes and more. Experience wine tasting, history and grape culture with special treatment on any of their guided tours. Grape Country tours also offer overnight stay and dinner packages as well as Culinary Tours. A great way to taste wine is with food! Click here for more information.