Fun with Kids
Geneva is a Perfect Place for Families.
Geneva has a small town atmosphere that provides play areas and fun activities to fill your days regardless of season. The Geneva Area provides family-friendly hotels and restaurants that can accommodate your next family vacation.
In the Summer
Outdoor activities are abundant during summer months- June through August. Sitting on the north end of Seneca Lake, our community offers great lake activities or near-by fun that include kayaking, canoeing, biking, playgrounds, and hiking trails for all ages. Historical parks, and nature centers help us tell our history which is rich in native and geological history. Within a short drive, water parks and outdoor concert venues add to the endless possibilities of family fun. Here is a listing of local businesses that can help you get started on planning your Geneva vacation.
Accommodations- Click here
- Canoe, Kayak, Boat Rentals- Fuzzy Guppies, Long Pier Ice Cream and Bicycle Rentals- 315.781.2453, Roy's Marina, Stivers Seneca Marine,
- Boat Rides- Stivers Seneca Marine, Canandaigua Lady
- Historical Fun-Rose Hill Mansion, Ganondogan State Park
- Nature Centers- Cumming Nature Center, Ontario County Park
- Picnic Areas - Lakefront Park, Seneca Lake State Park
- Sprayground- Seneca Lake State Park
- Beach- Seneca Lake State Park
- Water Park- Seneca Lake State Park, Roseland Water Park
- Train Rides- Finger Lakes Scenic Railway
- Baseball- Geneva Red Wings
- Jr. Golf-Big Oak Golf Club, Seneca Lake Country Club 315. 789.5153, Silver Creek Golf Club
- Live Theatre- The Smith Opera House, Merry-Go-Round Playhouse
- Concert Venue- Lakefront Park (Geneva Rec), CMAC, The Smith Opera House
- YMCA- offers guests in the area special rates to use their facilities. Click here.
- Campgrounds- Cheerful Valley Campground, Junius Ponds Cabins- 315. 781.5120, Sunset-on-Seneca Campsites, Waterloo Harbor Campground
- Playgrounds- A list of playgrounds is in pdf format -Parks & Recreation.
- U-Pick - Visit Seneca Breeze Berries to pick your own hydroponic strawberries. Open June - October.
Horseback riding, water parks, putt-putt golf, bowling alleys and other information can be found by visiting us at the Geneva Visitor Center, 35 Lakefront Dr, Geneva, NY 14456 or contacting us.
In the Fall
The school year begins, and the fun continues. The fall season- September through November in the Finger Lakes, offers families a change of pace and refreshing activities. For instance, weekend activities can include a brisk hike in any of our trails guaranteed to be good for the soul and healthy to boot. Cornfield mazes, fields of pumpkin patches and places to drink hot apple cider come with the territory. Most of our outdoor activities can be weather dependent, so make sure you plan your trip accordingly and call us to make sure places are open. Traveling with your family is fun in our area and you will soon recognize why we treasure the quality of life in our community.
In the Winter
Let it Snow, let it snow, let it snow! December- through February and maybe bits of March depending on whether Punxsutawney Phil sees his shadow. If you plan to visit upstate New York in the winter, you will have to do what upstate New Yorkers do-we don't let the winter keep us away from the beauty of the season! Sledding, ice skating, cross-country skiing, downhill skiing, snowmobiling, snowshoeing are a few outdoor activities that you can enjoy. A couple of hours of this fun and you are ready for a warm fireplace gathering with a cup of hot cocoa. If you can't find a fireplace there are always places that serve delicious hot cocoa, - OPUS Espresso & Wine Bar 315.759.5388, Bagels & Cakes 315.781.7643.
Winter fun means indoor activities. Geneva has an indoor skating rink as well as hockey clubs that play throughout the season in the Geneva Recreation Department Indoor Ice Rink.
- Cross Country Skiing-Lake Shore Park, Seneca Lake State Park, Cumming Nature Trail,
- Downhill Skiing-Bristol Ski Resort (30 min)
- Museum Browsing- Geneva Historical Society, Phelps Historical Society.
- Excursions-Finger Lakes Scenic Railway
- Reading(We have great local authors who have written childrens books)- Geneva Public Library
The best part of winter is being with family and friends.
In the Spring
Little league and lacrosse games abound and you know it is spring in Geneva- March through May. We put away our winter equipment and out come the bats, balls, lax sticks, and water toys to get them ready for the season. Less the snow activities, almost anything is possible around spring time! Nature walks, hiking/biking trails, the fun never runs out. Spring give us a glimpse of all the possibilities, and that is what makes the Finger Lakes Region a fabulous place to live.
What do do on a Rainy Day?
We know sometimes mother nature makes it impossible to go out and play. So here at the chamber we have created a Rainy Day Kit for our visitors from outside the area. Visit us at the Visitor Center, 35 Lakefront Drive, in Lake Shore Park, Geneva, NY 14456. The kit includes pages of the Finger Lakes to color, a crossword puzzle and ideas for having fun on rainy days.
We hope you enjoy your trip to Geneva and if there is anything we can do to get you information about accommodations, restaurants, where to shop...please contact us, or simply call 315.789.1776