The Geneva Historical Society is now Historic Geneva.
Same mission, new name.
Historic Geneva is dedicated to engaging diverse audiences in an on-going dialogue about the shared heritage of Geneva, New York and its environs.
To achieve its mission, Historic Geneva:
- Collects, catalogs, preserves, and studies artifacts which provide a visual and tangible connection to Geneva’s past
- Uses traditional and digital media such as exhibits, programs, publications, blogs and online platforms to stimulate an interest in history and Geneva’s people, places, and things.
- Develops collaborative relationships with community organizations and businesses to expand the community’s access to its past and assist in shaping its future
- Administers its historic properties to meet the educational and interpretive goals of the Society, offer leisure time activities for community members and visitors, and support Geneva as a destination city
- Provides resources to promote preservation of structures and landscapes in order to advance economic development and to instill pride in Geneva’s diverse architecture
About Historic Geneva
Whether it’s through programs, exhibits, collections, or online content, Historic Geneva tells Geneva’s stories. It takes $1,000 a day to operate Historic Geneva and maintain three properties. To continue sharing Geneva’s stories we need your help. We ask you to contribute to the Annual Support Campaign. Every contribution, no matter the size, is greatly appreciated. By making a donation you can ensure that Geneva’s stories are part of our present and future. Thank you for your support.